Taurus Security Group is committed to meeting the construction industry’s best practice in environmental performance wherever reasonable to do so. We recognise our security activities will always have some impact on the environment but will endeavour to minimise any adverse effect where possible. We believe good environmental practice helps ensure good business performance.
In pursuit of these goals the Taurus Security Group will:
- Always conduct our activities within the legislative obligations and other requirements such as PPG’s and customer requirements, to ensure our protective and preventative measures will be appropriate to the nature and scale of our activities.
- Develop and promote practices which prevent pollution, protect the environment and minimise, where practical, the detrimental environmental impacts that security activities have upon the environment. These practices will be available for scrutiny by representatives of the public.
- Encourage the development of suitable security installation methods, which promote environmental protection and/or minimise their environmental effects.
- Encourage clients and suppliers to pursue environmental best practice and to apply environmentally favourable solutions.
- Aim to provide education and training for our employees, to help them include environmental considerations in all aspects of their work.
- Attempt to make efficient use of natural resources and minimise, where possible, our use of utilities and production of waste.
- Attempt, where practical, to respect the environmental demands of the communities in which we operate and society in general.
- Continuously review its activities to ensure a programme of continuous improvement.
- Develop and agree environmental objectives and targets.
Environmental legislation and environmental priorities will change with time, therefore Taurus Security Group will monitor environmental developments, regularly review and, where necessary, amend, revise or make additions to this policy to ISO14001 requirements.
Health and Safety Statement
As Directors jointly responsible for safety, we have overall responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of employees of Taurus Security Group. We recognise the construction industry is a hazardous environment and to this end we shall ensure the health, safety and welfare of all those affected by our operations is treated with the upmost importance.
- Continuous improvement is a key objective of the company and we shall monitor and measure our performance by setting key point indicators and regular audit / inspections and review to ensure safe working methods are always adhered to.
- The company will ensure that all aspects of activities are risk assessed and adequate safe systems of work are established. This includes plant, equipment, substances and working methods.
- We are committed to adhering to all statutory requirements and will ensure we are aware of the latest legislative, HSE best practice and guidance, and any other industry best practice requirements.
- Responsibilities for Health, Safety and Welfare will be documented and communicated throughout the company.
- We are committed to providing information, instruction and training to ensure we have competent personnel working in a safe and healthy working environment.
- Matters of health, safety and welfare will be regularly communicated throughout the company and consultation with all personnel will be maintained via our Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Committee meetings.
Taurus Security Group is committed to attaining and maintaining high standards of health, safety and welfare throughout. Health and safety objectives are set by Taurus Security Group Directors and actions to achieve these objectives are defined, and performance against these objectives is regularly reviewed at various meetings.
This policy will be reviewed on a regular basis to ensure its continuing suitability to the nature and scale of hazards associated with the construction industry.
We all have a joint responsibility to always ensure the safety and welfare of ourselves and others affected by our operations.
Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
This policy outlines the efforts Taurus Security Group will make to seek to eradicate human trafficking and slavery from our supply chains or within our directly employed workforce. Taurus Security Group opposes any use of slavery or human trafficking and fully supports the promotion of ethical and lawful business practices within our workplace. We will not tolerate or condone any form or practice that constitutes human trafficking or slavery in any part of our organisation. This policy complies with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Taurus Security Group is a privately owned Company, based in the North West of England and operating throughout the UK.
Taurus Security Group carries out a full range of security services across the domestic and commercial sectors.
Our Recruitment Process
Our recruitment processes are transparent and reviewed regularly. We communicate directly with candidates to discuss job opportunities and to confirm the details of any offer made. We have robust procedures in place for the vetting of new employees and ensure that we can confirm their identities together with their right to work in the UK.
Our Policies on Slavery and Human Trafficking
We are committed to ensuring there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business. This Anti-slavery Policy reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implement and enforce effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere within our supply chains.
Due Diligence Processes for Slavery and Human Trafficking
Taurus Security Group’s suppliers / sub-contractors are an important part of our business. We expect each of these business partners to conduct their business with the same commitment to ethical business practices as Taurus Security Group.
The workplace practices we expect from our suppliers include:
- Suppliers are not to use slave labour, illegal child labour or forced labour.
- Suppliers will ensure the overall terms of employment are voluntary.
- Suppliers shall follow all local applicable laws pertaining to minimum age requirements, wages, overtime and benefits.
- Suppliers shall follow all local applicable laws pertaining to the number of hours worked in a seven(7) day week.
- Suppliers will periodically certify that they conform to the expectations described above and that all materials incorporated into their products comply with the laws regarding human trafficking and slavery of the country or countries in which they are doing business.
- Suppliers will have in place systems to encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistleblowers.
Suppliers must be able to demonstrate compliance with this policy at the request and satisfaction of Taurus Security Group. If a supplier to Taurus Security Group is found in violation of this policy, Taurus Security Group will take prompt, remedial measures to address the violation.
To ensure a high level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our supply chains and our business, we will provide training to relevant members of staff. All Directors have been briefed on the subject.
This statement is made pursuant to section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes Taurus Security’s slavery and human trafficking statement for the current financial year.
Company Anti-Bribery Corruption Policy
Taurus Security Group has a clear policy and we support our employees to make decisions in line with our stated position, ensuring compliance with the Bribery Act 2010.
Our corporate conduct is based on our commitment to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity. Taurus Security Group does not tolerate any form of bribery and corruption.
The purpose of this policy is to set out the responsibilities of Company functions and business units in observing and upholding our position on bribery and corruption in line with the Bribery Act 2010.
This policy applies to Taurus Security Group employees (staff, contract and temporary). Where we have a minority interest we will encourage the application of this policy amongst our business partners including contractors, suppliers and joint venture partners. This policy should be implemented in conjunction with the guidance on giving and accepting gifts and hospitality within the Company.
Our Company Business Principles set out our commitment to operate responsibly wherever we work and to engage the social, environmental and ethical impact of our activities in the markets in which we operate.
Our first principle, ‘integrity in corporate conduct’, states that Taurus Security Group does not engage in bribery or any form of unethical inducement or payment including facilitation payments and ‘kickbacks.’ All employees are required to avoid any activities that might lead to, or suggest, a conflict of interest with the business of the Company. Employees must declare and keep a record of hospitality or gifts accepted or offered, which will be subject to managerial review. We do not make direct or indirect contributions to political parties.
We will uphold laws relevant to countering bribery and corruption in all the jurisdictions in which we operate, particularly laws that are directly relevant to specific business practices. The following national laws and conventions underpin this policy:
UK Bribery Act 2010
The Directors will establish appropriate responsibilities and procedures within their operations. If any instance of bribery or corruption is identified, we will take remedial steps immediately.
Training and communications
We will communicate this policy and relevant guidance to employees across the Company, through our established internal communication channels. We will also communicate this policy to our suppliers and contractors. Managers and employees will receive relevant training on how to implement this policy in the scope of their employment with the Company.
Whistleblowing – raising concerns and seeking guidance
Employees are encouraged to raise concerns about any instance of malpractice at the earliest possible stage in total confidence to their immediate manager/supervisor.
Monitoring and review
Taurus Security Group will review the implementation of this policy in respect of its suitability, adequacy and effectiveness and make improvements as appropriate.
Internal controls and audit
The Company will establish feedback mechanisms in order to maintain accurate records – available for inspection – which properly and fairly document all financial transactions. Internal control systems will be subject to regular audits to provide assurance that they are effective in countering bribery and corruption.